- This event has passed.
Addressing the realities of disability and the practice of medicine
January 18, 2023 | 7:55 am to 9:00 am
Family doctors routinely treat patients with disabilities, but the medical profession often stigmatizes physicians living with disabilities themselves. Connect with your fellow family doctors to learn tips and strategies to adapt your practice and create an environment where everyone can thrive. Learn practical tips for how to navigate taking time off and discover where physicians or patients with disabilities can go for support.
- Dr. Jennifer Hulme (Toronto, ON)
- Dr. Samantha Lavitt (Ottawa, ON)
- Dr. Shailla Vaidya (Toronto, ON)
Download the resources:
Resources from OCFP:
- What you need to know about key income support programs for patients
- Tips and checklists for completing Ontario Disability Support Benefits forms for your patients
Watch the session:
Listen or download the audio
Self Learning Program
This session is part of the Practising Well Self Learning Program. Visit the Self Learning Program page to learn more and to participate.