- This event has passed.
Addressing patients with personality disorder
October 25, 2023 | 8:00 am to 9:00 am
There are few treatment options for patients with personality disorders and these patients can pose a challenge for doctors and clinic staff, leading to burnout. If a personality disorder is not addressed, patients may not receive the care they need and family doctors may not want to continue with the individual as a patient or may become burned out from treating them. Join our next session as we share treatment options for managing patients with personality disorders (specifically borderline). We’ll share strategies on how to manage a patient’s behaviour when it causes conflict with staff and how to avoid burnout when caring for a patient with a personality disorder. The Practising Well Community of Practice has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 1 Mainpro+Ⓡcredits. This Community of Practice includes a series of planned webinars. Each session is worth 1 Mainpro+Ⓡcredits, for up to a total of 12 credits.
- Jon Davine, MD, FCFPO, CCFP(C), Associate Clinical Professor, McMaster University, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences
- James Goertzen, MD, Family physician and Associate Dean, Continuing Education and Professional Development (CEPD) at NOSM U
- Nicole Profous
- Nikki Bozinoff, Division Head, Mental Health and Addictions, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto; Physician, Concurrent Outpatient Medical and Psychosocial Addiction Support Service, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Stephanie Zhou, Addictions Medicine Physician and EDI & Social Accountability Lead, Sunnybrook Hospital; FHO Lead, Don Mills FHT; Assistant Professor, University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine; Board Director, Toronto Public Health, Toronto, ON
Download the resources:
Watch the session:
Listen or download the audio:
Self Learning Program:
This session is part of the Practising Well Self Learning Program. Visit the Self Learning Program page to learn more and to participate.
Need more information?
- Join Peer Connect for more individualized educational support