Mentorship Development in Family Medicine
About the program
Enhance your professional expertise through this self-learning program tailored for family physicians and designed to cultivate your skillset in adult learning principles, navigating complexity and prioritizing personal wellness. Participants will gain proficiency in fostering learner-centric discussions and improve their ability to mentor and coach adult learners. Elevate your practice and professional fulfillment through this enriching experience.
How to Participate
Watch the recordings and complete the self-learning evaluation to earn MainPro+ credits.
Select a topic:
Following active participation, participants will be able to:
- Explore and apply ways to self-assess your own wellness and respond in a self-compassionate, respectful way. You need to be able to prioritize and model your personal wellness and address barriers to your own wellness in a skillful way.
- Use provided tools and resources to facilitate and support learner-focused conversations about unique ways to cultivate wellness and reduce burnout in the learner’s practice.
- Increase your skillfulness with mentoring and coaching adult learners.
- Effectively identify strategies and resources that help learners to navigate clinical complexity and strengthen their adaptive expertise.
- Facilitate a small-group session for family physicians focused on adaptive expertise in a way that promotes safeness and respect for all involved.
This 1-credit-per-hour self-learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 3 Mainpro+ credits.
Become a Peer Guide
Share your expertise and support your colleagues in achieving their goals.
Join our Community of Practice
Connect in real time and learn with your colleagues.